According to every HVAC company in Arlington, TX, the outdoor unit can be concealed but not covered. Because AC units are designed to withstand all types of weather, covering one only increases the likelihood that components will rust and corrode. To maintain proper airflow and keep things operating at peak efficiency, experts advise leaving at least 60 inches of clearance at the top of the unit.
Thing to Consider Before Hiding Your AC Unit Outside
- Clear space is vital for maintenance.
- Airflow is important.
- Avoid placing shrubs too close to the structure.
- Make a cool, shaded area for the outdoor unit after AC installation in Arlington, TX.
- Verify the recommended distance from the manufacturer.
- Protecting AC strategically from sunlight for an outdoor unit will save energy.
Tips On How To Conceal An Outdoor Air Conditioner
- Set up a Few Shrubs: Shrubs are a great way to decorate your yard and conceal your outdoor air conditioner. Think about something vibrant, like tall, drought-resistant evergreens. Keep in mind to leave enough space around the appliance to allow for proper airflow.
- Construct a Wooden Cover: The outdoor air conditioning unit can be effectively hidden with wooden covers. To construct your cover, you need wooden planks, nails, and a hammer. You can also take additional steps to conceal your outdoor unit using paints or plants.
- Construct a Picket Fence: A classic landscaping element for a standard American home is a picket fence. After investing in air filter replacement for your unit in Arlington, TX, you can purchase a pre-made picket fence, put your DIY skills to the test, and construct one.
- Utilize Flower Pots: The AC unit will remain accessible and look presentable if plant pots are stacked around two of its sides. Choose plant life that can withstand the heat from the air conditioning unit and tall pots to conceal the unit.
- Use Aluminum Slats: An effective way to conceal your air conditioner is with aluminum slats. The slats only need to be installed and won’t require any maintenance for a long time.
- Plant Vines: Trailing vines is another environmentally friendly way to conceal the exterior air conditioning unit. You can attach vines to a wooden structure and position them around the object.
- Plant Decorative Trees and Grasses: You can plant directly into the ground if you don’t want to go through the trouble of setting up large planter boxes. Remember to try your best to keep the unit clean if you decide to plant a tree.
- Position Big Planters: Large planters can visually protect an outdoor air conditioning unit. One of your best options for hiding an outdoor AC unit may be using large planters like Pampas Grass.
- Implement a Privacy Screen: It is a great way to beautify your backyard and conceal your air conditioner simultaneously. They can improve airflow around the appliance and blend in beautifully with the landscaping in your yard.
- Install a Trellis: Your outdoor unit can be hidden by a wooden or iron trellis. No one will even notice your air conditioner! This straightforward solution makes it simple to add garden features to your yard.
Depending on your decor and budget, you can choose from these options. If you are looking for a cost-effective and reliable HVAC company in Arlington, TX, Cool Tech Mechanical can help you save money and provide expert services. Call us at (817) 904-5258 or send us an e-mail here to set up an appointment today.