Ductless AC vs central AC systems, which is better for your home or place of business? Did you know that almost 75% of American homes have air conditioning? Air conditioning is most certainly not considered a luxury anymore, especially in the country’s hotter regions.
So, if you’re looking for an air conditioning system, or perhaps you want an upgrade, let us help you. The two most popular options are the Ductless AC and the Central AC Tune-up in Arlington, TX. Here, we look at each system in more detail and what you need to know before making a decision.
Both systems have two units–a condenser that sits outside the home and an evaporator or air handle that sits inside the home. Coolant passes between the two units, and this is how the heat from indoors is carried outdoors.
A central AC sends the cool air through the air handler into your ductwork, where it is carried into the rest of the house. The ductless AC uses a cable between the condenser and a box on your wall–there is no ductwork or vents.
Which One is Best?
- If you are sensitive to noise, this is the system for you–they are much quieter. But always check the decibels when making comparisons.
- If energy efficiency is essential to you (and considering your unit is installed properly), ductless AC systems have a higher potential energy efficiency than central AC systems.
- If you’d like different temperatures in different areas of the house, zone control is vital. Although available for both systems, it’s more cost-effective with the ductless AC system.
- In the same way, if you need heating too, a ductless AC system will pay off, as some systems offer both cooling and heating.
- If you have ductwork in your home already, it will be cost-effective to stay with a central AC system.
- If you are very particular about your home’s décor, the central AC system doesn’t attach a unit to your stylish walls.
- If you have a larger home (2,000 – 2,000 square feet), a central AC system is advantageous, as it has greater power potential.
In terms of budget, central AC systems are generally more expensive for comparable models. But if your home needs multiple ductless ACs or you are interested in energy efficiency, this will affect pricing.
Still not sure which system is best for your home? Our professional team at Cool Tech Mechanical can help you make the best choice; just contact us. If you require any residential or commercial HVAC service Arlington TX, home performance, or indoor air quality services, make sure that it is our number you dial.