An air conditioner is an essential appliance that keeps your home comfortable and cool during hot weather. However, if you notice water leakage from your air conditioner, it is a cause for concern. Water leakage can cause damage to your home and can be a sign of a more severe issue with your air conditioner.
Cool Tech Mechanical, one of the most reliable , is here to help with your water leakage problems.HVAC contractors in Arlington, TX We provide effective and efficient commercial HVAC service in Arlington, TX, and all surrounding areas. Contact us to learn more about our services and schedule your consultation today.
Here are seven of the most familiar causes of water leakage from air conditioners and what can be done to prevent it.
- Clogged Drainage System: Dirt, debris, and mold can accumulate in the drainage system over time, causing it to become clogged. When the drainage system is clogged, water has nowhere to go and overflows, causing it to leak out of the air conditioner. Schedule regular AC service in Arlington, TX, with the professionals at Cool Tech Mechanical to prevent this issue.
- Faulty Installation: Improper installation can cause water to escape from the unit and cause damage to your home. It can also cause issues with the air conditioner’s drainage system, leading to water leakage. To ensure proper installation of your new unit, work with a professional.
- Broken Condensate Pump: The condensate pump is responsible for removing water from the air conditioner and transferring it to a drain. If the pump is broken, water will not be removed from the air conditioner, causing it to leak.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause water leakage from air conditioners. If the levels are low, the air conditioner will not function properly, causing water to leak. Contact us, one of the most trusted HVAC contractors in Arlington, TX, to inspect and maintain refrigerant levels.
- Clogged Air Filter: A clogged or dirty air filter can cause your air conditioning unit to work harder, leading to water leakage. Regular maintenance, including cleaning the air filter, can help prevent this issue.
- Dirty or Faulty Evaporator Coil: The evaporator coil is responsible for removing moisture from the air. If the coil is dirty or not functioning correctly, it can cause water to leak from the air conditioner.
- Leaks in the Ductwork: Leaks in the ductwork can cause water to escape from the air conditioner and leak into your home. Various factors, including improper installation or damage to the ductwork over time, can cause this. Contact Cool Tech Mechanical to schedule your routine AC service in Arlington, TX, and prevent leaks in your ductwork.
Preventing Future Leaks
You can always take the following steps to prevent your AC unit from leaking water and causing issues:
- Regularly inspecting the AC unit for signs of leaks
- Sealing any cracks or gaps in the ductwork to prevent air leaks
- Replacing worn-out or damaged parts promptly to prevent leaks
- Cleaning the condenser coils regularly to improve efficiency and prevent leaks
- Properly maintaining and storing the AC unit during the off-season to prevent damage
- Installing a secondary drain pan to catch any potential leaks.
Cool Tech Mechanical’s commercial HVAC service in Arlington, TX, will take care of all your HVAC needs and offer practical solutions. Our professionals are well-trained, experienced, and equipped to handle all sorts of AC leaks.