Almost everyone has an air conditioner in their homes and offices. Without an air conditioner, we can’t handle the summer heat in Arlington, TX. That is why we must take proper care of the air conditioner system to ensure we won’t experience an unexpected breakdown.
As the owner, you should know the basic details of your air conditioning system that can help you save time and money in the long run. They can also help you avoid unnecessary calls to your technician for air conditioning repair for your unit in Arlington, TX.
- Clean Your Air Filters: You should maintain air filters by regularly cleaning and replacing them for proper indoor air quality and consistent monthly energy bills. Replacing your air filters is not challenging, and you can easily do it on your own.
- Cover Condenser Unit: The condenser unit is highly likely to become damaged due to external objects and weather conditions since it is outside your home. Cover it so it can efficiently work and face minor damage as time passes.
- Remove Ice: Ice can form on your air conditioner’s coils when it works extensively. You can easily remove the ice by letting your air conditioner work for a few hours and using a hair dryer to melt it.
- Thermostat Settings: Ensure that you do not exploit your air conditioner by setting an extremely low temperature on your thermostat. Maintain a proper temperature or install a smart thermostat to control the temperature settings.
- Outdoor Temperature: You need to keep a balance between the indoor temperature and outdoor temperature. If it is too hot outside, your air conditioner will struggle to maintain an extremely low temperature. Set your air conditioner to work as per the outside temperature for better results.
- Water Leakage Inside Your Home: If water drips from your air conditioner, check the drain pan and the drain pipes for clogs, cracks, or leaks. The drain pan may have some cracks that caused the water to leak.
- Water Leakage Outside Your Home: If water leaks from outside your home, there are clogs in the condensate drain, and the water has to take another path to exit.
- Timely Professional Attention: Maintain a regular AC tune-up schedule in Arlington, TX, with your professional technician. Regular maintenance ensures that the efficiency levels of your air conditioner do not decrease and its lifespan increases.
- Space Near the Outside Unit: Ensure there are no boxes, debris, or vegetation that may hinder the work of the outside unit. Debris around the outdoor unit can cause problems like inefficiency and higher energy bills.
- Curtains and Blinds: Avoid sunlight entering your home by using blinds and curtains during the day. Sunlight can increase your indoor temperature, and the air conditioner will have to work extra hours to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
- Insulate Your Home: Proper insulation is required to ensure that cool air does not exit your home through the small gaps in doors, windows, and gates. No insulation will put extra strain on your air conditioner, and you will face increased energy costs and damage.
- Heat-generating Appliances During the Night: If possible, try to use heat-generating appliances like microwaves and ovens during the night, as using them during the day will increase the indoor temperature. As a result, the system will have to work overtime.