It’s crucial to maintain your air conditioning equipment regularly so that it lasts longer, performs better, and helps you save money on electricity. Air conditioner servicing is necessary to guarantee that your system is effective and reliable for many years to come. It’s time to arrange AC repair in Arlington, TX, if your conditioned air isn’t cold enough or is too humid.
What can you do to keep your AC in good condition?
There are a few things you can do without an HVAC professional and enjoy nice and cool air conditioning for years:
- Change or clean the air filters every month
- Check all the wiring and look for loose electrical connections
- Check the refrigerant levels
- Make sure that the condensate drain pipe is not clogged
- Regularly lubricate components like motors and bearings
- Make sure that the condenser coils are clean in springtime
- Check to see if the outer unit is clear from elements like branches, leaves or bushes and clear it
Maintaining your AC
Another crucial aspect of air conditioner maintenance is arranging a yearly air conditioner maintenance check, preferably before the summer season begins, to ensure that it is operating as efficiently as possible. Look for AC repair in Arlington, TX. HVAC experts will ensure that your air conditioning system is in excellent shape and ready to operate smoothly.
Common problems you may face
It is good to have a regular maintenance check, although it does not guarantee that your AC will never cause any problems later on. Even though AC manufacturers provide a very rough and tough system meant for prolonged use, it is only natural if some minor faults are coming up now and then.
Here are some common problems you may face:
- If the evaporator coils have ice developing on them, they must be cleaned regularly and have a constant flow of warm air across them to work well.
- Dirt builds up will reduce heat exchange efficiency between warm air and the refrigerant in the coils.
- The coil may begin to freeze if there isn’t a constant supply of warm air. Other components, such as the compressor, are compelled to run overtime to compensate due to coils. As a result, the compressor might get overheated and burn out.
- Clogged air filters will start reducing the air quality indoors. The airflow will be obstructed, and whatever airflow you will get will be containing fine dust particles that can make you sick.
- Sometimes you may observe an unusual spike in energy bills. Reasons for it could vary from the clogged air filter, debris stuck in the outer unit blower fan or simply due to a faulty thermostat.
- Your AC might not be able to cool the air inside sometimes. The most common problem is a refrigerant leak. If that is the case, immediately contact the air conditioning service in Arlington, TX.
If you are looking for the best service providers for air conditioning service in Arlington TX, call us to book a service today!