Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Program
Energy Audit Services in Ft. Worth, TX by Cool Tech Mechanical
Your home is an extensive energy system in which the ductwork, heater, air conditioner, insulation, and appliances are all important components. Like any complex system, a home can start to lose energy through inefficient performance and faulty parts. Air and heat escape through leaks in the walls or holes in the insulation; the air conditioner struggles with damaged ductwork; increasing moisture from outside creates comfort problems.
Given the sheer number of problems a home can face, there is an excellent method to find out exactly what you need to have repaired in order to achieve maximum efficiency. It’s called an energy audit, and it’s a service that we are glad to offer for homes in the Ft. Worth, TX area. The experienced technicians at Cool Tech Mechanical can take care of performing a full energy audit for your house, and they also offer many home performance services that will make your house a model of energy efficiency. Call us today to set up an appointment.
Do you want to schedule an energy audit for your home in Ft. Worth, TX or the surrounding areas? Then give Cool Tech Mechanical a call today.
What Happens During an Energy Audit?
The auditors who come to your home will run the entire building through a series of rigorous tests involving walk–through inspections and the use of high–tech equipment. No two audits are exactly the same, but you can expect to see a number of standard procedures:
- Blower door test: A blower door lowers the air pressure inside a house, and this allows the auditors to locate places where outside air attempts to enter to fill the vacuum. This helps auditors spot hidden air leaks, as well as establish a general sense of the airtightness of a building.
- Thermal camera scans: The auditors provide an energy consultation walk–thru using a thermal camera. This offers you in–depth answers on your home’s energy efficiency.
- Utility bill analysis: Auditors have the training to notice patterns on utility bills that often escape the attention of homeowners. The auditors use the information to point out places where you can reduce energy use that you may not have thought of.
- Insulation inspection: Proper insulation is key for excellent home performance. After initial tests with blower door and thermal scanners, the auditors examine the insulation to find places where it is lacking or has suffered damage that lowers its performance.
- HVAC and water heater equipment inspection: The most powerful energy systems in your home are the heater, air conditioner, and water heater. The auditors give special attention to these systems to see if they are operating efficiently.
Call Professionals for an Energy Audit
If you search online, you can find steps to perform a home energy audit on your own. However, the U.S. Department of Energy’s ENERGY STAR program does not recommend that you do this. If you want specific recommendations and concrete answers that will make a difference, you need to call on a trained professional with the best equipment to do a complete audit. Remember, the better the quality of audit, the more you will save in the long run.
Cool Tech Mechanical provides excellent home energy audits for the Ft. Worth, TX area. Schedule with us today so you can receive a professional audit using the most up–to–date equipment.